ABBI SERVICES LIMITED (ABBI SERVICES) ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.abbiservices.co.uk (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The data controller is ABBI SERVICES LIMITED (ABBI SERVICES) of 24 Rockingham Road, Kettering, England, NN16 8JS (Company Registration number 09204175).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
● Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by entering into a contract for services, sending us documents via third party secure portal to verify your employment status, in the course of allowing us to perform employment-related services to you, filling in a contact form on our site, reporting a problem on our site or by corresponding with us via. our site or by e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address, phone number NI number, employment status etc. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
● Information we collect about you. We may collect information about your preferences both when you tell us what these are and by analysis of site traffic, including the use of IP addresses. When you upload documents through our portal, the third-party provider may share your personal information with us in order to perform the service. This data may be combined with data we collect from you directly.
● Additional information. If we are required by virtue of performing services to you or authorised by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
● Criminal activity. If you commit or fraudulent or other criminal activity is suspected relating to you or your account or the delivery of an item to or from you, we may be provided with information by third parties, credit reference agencies, and organisations that prevent and detect fraud or other crimes.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
● to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
● to send you service-related messages via a secure portal, e-mail, phone or text;
● to undertake troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, improving the service and developing new products and services;
● to protect our rights or property or the rights and property of others and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities;
● to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good;
● to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about;
● to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with business partners, suppliers, and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them (on your behalf) or you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
● We may share your information with our third-party service providers who help us provide our services, such as software providers, accountants, website developers, payment processors, billing and financial advisors, marketing, and advertising partners, among others. These business partners will be given limited access to your information under reasonable confidentiality terms;
● If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Abbi Services, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and crime detection and prevention;
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
YOUR CHOICE REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
How long we retain personal information can vary significantly based on the context of the services we provide and on our legal obligations. The following factors typically influence retention periods:
● How long is the personal information needed to provide our services? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of our products, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most of our data retention periods.
● Is the personal information sensitive? If so, a shortened retention time is generally appropriate.
● Have you provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
● Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain your personal information? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or personal information retained for the purposes of litigation.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner in accordance with the applicable national law.